Our rigorous curriculum is centered around the International Baccalaureate (IB) Middle Years Programme (MYP) framework, preparing all students in grades 5-8 for success in high school, post-secondary education, work force, and beyond. Through the IB framework, we focus on holistic development, community service, intercultural understanding and real-world connections through an interdisciplinary approach.
For questions on academic standards and curriculum, please contact our Director of Teaching and Learning, John Piotraschke at 763-502-5005.
All Fridley Middle School
students participate in the
Middle Years Programme.
Why IB MYP?
- Build confidence in managing their own learning
- Learn by doing, connecting the classroom to the larger world
- Outperform non-IB students in critical academic skills
- Consistently have greater success in IB Diploma Programme examinations
- Thrive in positive school cultures where they are engaged and motivated to excel
- Develop an understanding of global challenges and a commitment to act as responsible citizens.